Thursday, July 30, 2009

Potty Training!

Are you sure this is the spot?
It seems that in all species "potty training" is a must! Well our "paper training" is going well. The pups eat, then drink some goats milk, and off they go to find the paper. Some make it to the center of the paper, others get their front paws on it, and the rest seem to go if they are in sight of it!
The pups are sleeping through the night, eating wonderfully, and racing around the back yard happily. It's always a good feeling to know that the pups are right on target with their "growth and development".
Alice spent the night (thanks again Alice) and I went up to print out some material for Marion to hand out. It started raining and the thunder and lightning was horrendous, so I stayed put for a bit and helped with the "bedtime snack". It was fun to be doing things for the brood with Alice again.
The pups had "company" yesterday and today. People from Mass and Maine came to watch and play with the little darlings. With all this loving attention, they are getting more demanding when I come in to feed them. Usually if I have time, I get on the ground with them and I "talk" and "play", while they bite and chew! I just think that it is important that they have actual physical contact often, and after food, but before nap time seems the perfect time for me to talk to each one and run my hands over each one.
Tomorrow I am going to get some pictures of their playground and some of the pups playing. Hopefully it won't be raining, but no promises.
Talk to you tomorrow night.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment