Saturday, July 25, 2009

It Takes a Village!

Tessa is off and running!

Thomas is right behind her!

Thomas has got Makayla's number- do it again!

Now we have Sydney playing the game too!

Boy, that was hard getting those cousins to play right!

Hillary was right! It does take a village---and I'm lucky to belong to a great one. Today was one of those days. I had stayed overnight at Marion's home to make sure no pups excaped. I was able to finish up the morning chores, get over to my granddogters home, let them out, give the oldest her medicine and both some fresh water, and then home to have breakfast with my Makayla and Sydney and my Mike. Then back up to the pups with some fresh supplies, accompanied by Makayla and Sydney, who helped feed the pups lunch, cleaned up the pen, played with the pups and threw a ball for Mom-Kayla. We set up the outside playpen, put a large mat down and pulled the tent out. Running out of time it was --back in the car for the trip home to catch up with other grandchildren (the twins) and their mom, Debbie, who were going to meet us at the house so all could play. As I left Marion's I passed (and stopped to talk to) our dear friend (and my next "adopted daughter") Emily Pikul, who was on her way to help cut puppy nails. Her comment was "don't sweat it-enjoy the kids", and then "take a deep breath"! We had a great afternoon with the grandchildren and all of a sudden I realized that it was late, so I called and Emily told me that "everything" was under control. Alice was up there, and she and Emily did the puppies' nails, took everyone out for their "first ever outdoor play time", fed them their afternoon meal and had cleaned the indoor pen and put all pups back. Plus Emily brought up a great camera and I'm sure Alice did too. Of course in my hurry, I didn't ask if they got the pictures, but I'll know by tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's another day of visiting. I have been asked to "judge" a fun "puppy match" for some friends who have Irish Setters. There will be seven siblings there and I'll try to pick the best one. Little do they know that I'll pick the one that smiles the most! (lol)

Well, I'll probably try to "clean up" the blog and get back on tract by Monday.

Talk to you then.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment