Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Easy as Pie!





Well we (the pups, Kayla and I) have taken two lifestyle-change hurdles with ease. The pups spent Monday night in the ell. I had moved their pen and crate, put down the linoleum flooring, and positioned the x-pen fence around the set-up. I did sleep at Marion's that night with the kitchen door open "just in case". Nothing happened and I slept the whole night (from 10pm-5:30am. Last night I put the pups and Kayla to bed and went home. I got back up there around 6am. All was well. I put Kayla in the pen to nurse the brood, and went to get their breakfast ready. I heard a bang and Kayla had pulled the fencing down and all the pups were heading into the kennel area. When I got to them they had all gone out the dog door (how very smart!!) and were out racing up and down Run #1. It was so incredible, as I was planning on "introducing" them to the run and have them stay out there during the days. So today they will be outdoors (at least until the thunderstorms come late this afternoon) and then we'll put them back into the ell. I don't like leaving any dogs outside during the thunder and lightning storms!
The pictures I've posted are pictures that I "have in my head" of my mom, Marion, as she gets to know each pup. she always sits quietly with the litter, watching each pup, picking up one then another. She runs her hands over them, talks to them, evaluates them and they always respond by settling down around her chair and waiting their turn. I can close my eyes and see in my head that same picture with each litter. Thought you all might enjoy sharing this with me.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment