Friday, July 10, 2009

Billy Goats' Gruff


Today Alice and I went to the goat farm. We needed to stock up on goats milk. Our 10 Little Indians as I'm now calling them (they hoot and screech now) are starting to need just a bit more to "eat". Plus soon we will be starting some Rice cereal/goats milk mash. We got 18 quarts to freeze. I know that seems like a lot of milk, but it lasts a while being frozen, plus after a week they will be "chowing down" 4 times a day and that takes quite a bit of milk. While we were there my friend Patty asked if we wanted to feed two of the kids their bottles. Of course we jumped in to help. It was fun. Did you know that the goat kids wag their tails when they are happy. They like to run in groups. They come when they are called. Patty says that they are really a lot like dogs. Alice took some video and a few still shots for our "history" of the Kayla's Pups. It was such a beautiful day today that Mike (my husband) took Alice, Marion and me to lunch on Lake Sunapee. We had a great time and it gave us a chance to leave Kayla with her pups and see how it went without being gone too long or going too far away. When we got back, all was quiet. Kayla and the pups were napping. Everyone woke up within an hour and then we had them out playing and running around. This is the really cute time. Mom's still feeding them but they like to roam and enjoy being picked up.I forgot to mention my "chin hickey" (for those who are too young to know, it is a mark left on a neck - or other body part- when you are kissed with "suction") anyway--I had one of the pups up near my face and he started "nursing" on my chin. I just thought it was cute and didn't pull him away immediately. When I looked in the mirror a little while afterwards, low and behold, a hickey on the end of my chin....large one too. It looked like a huge birth mark--I immediately went for the Arnica cream (holistic stuff) and within 12 hours is was much smaller and not as noticeable, but it is still there three days later!
Well that's it for now. Time to feed the adults!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment