Monday, July 13, 2009

Check Please!

Bowl? Where is it?

Talk about a "blur of activity"!
Man, that was a great meal!

Well this morning was "D Day" (dish day). Kayla fed the pups around 7:45 am and then I let them out of the box to play. Well they all went after Kayla and seemed to still be hungry, so I took the cleaned small puppy wheel feeding dish, put some warmed goats' milk in it, put it down and stood back. They all headed right for it, and within a minute it was empty, so I added more and they finished that. I didn't want to overdo it so I just let them run around after that while I cleaned the box. I put them back into the box at about 9 am and we haven't heard a peep from them since. (It's 10 am now). We will do another dish feeding at bedtime tonight, then do am and pm feedings tomorrow with just the goats' milk. Wednesday we'll ad in cooked rice cereal or pureed oatmeal. By next weekend they should be on their 4 meals a day, plus being nursed. We'll see how Kayla does with all this change this week. This morning she joined in the scrum for milk, but stood back after I told her no. She really is a great Mom!
Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment