Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday with Friends



Friends Gather



Jeremy at Work



Hail, Hail, The Gangs All Here

What a nice day today was. Seven friends came by (along with their IWS) to play with the puppies! Kim, Jeremy, Mindy, Grace, Judy, Susan and Alice spent a few hours out back in the yard, talking, taking pictures, and enjoying the pups, who put on quite a show. They bounced around, played with each other, played with toys, chewed toes and shoes, and "kissed up" to the visitors! They had their "lunch" out in the yard, and like any youngster, they wore a lot of it. They are eating a mixture of milk, grain and meat and yes, it's sticky....but they wolf it down. We had Kayla out with her brood, and she enjoyed the company as much as anyone. My two, Rosa and Ranger, were there, as well as Susan's two, and Judy's. So it was a true Irish Water Spaniel get-together. Jeremy took a bunch of action shots of the pups. I thought you all would get a kick out of the pictures I took of the people. Jeremy will have some great shots, but I'll have to get them from him this week. I'm sure they are wonderful, as he is a very gifted photographer. The pups are 6 weeks old and are as friendly and outgoing as you could want. They all seem healthy and happy. They truly are well fed and they get plenty of exercise. Plus they are well socialized. This has been one enjoyable litter, and I find myself sitting with them for an hour, petting them and telling them that I'll make sure they go to not just good homes, but great homes. I know I'll have a hard time as each go. I've been known to cry and carry on, so it will be hard to write about their departures, but maybe it will be helpful, as I'll be "talking to" friends.
I'll post any photos that Jeremy wants me to.
Talk with you tomorrow.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment