Monday, August 17, 2009

The Morning After



Are You Sure I Have To Take The Duck?



The Newstadt Family Is Ready To Roll!


I just have to tell you that when I came into the ell this morning at 6:10 a.m. I was greated with a site that would have made a lesser woman cry! It looked like the little "dears" had an all night party! Papers torn up everywhere, toys strewn about, poop and pee on any small shred of paper found and 6 smiling faces waiting for breakfast. Didn't look like even one of them was sorry. Sooooo, after breakfast I took the ell "bedroom" down! Then I gave them each a bath, as I was sure they were too dirty to be handled! Tonight they will sleep in the kennel, 3 in one run and 2 in another. Yes that's right we are down to 5. The Newstadt family came and we had the best time playing with the pups, "testing" them, just seeing if one or the other of the boys struck the right cord. The dark blue collar boy, "Chip Ahoy" as we have been calling him here, was finally selected, or rather, he selected Al and the family finally agreed that this one was a good fit. I've posted the pictures we took of them just before leaving.
It was brutally hot today, so this evening I will take the "kids" out to the pool. I brought Ranger and Rosa up to play and go swimming, so we can all cool down. The pups have been sleeping on the cool cement and I put a occilating fan in the kennel, so they should have a cool night. Tomorrow looks to be as hot, so I'm getting out another "pop-up" tent for more shade. We'll play out back in the morning and evening, they can sleep during the hottest part of the day.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment