Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And Then There Were 6



I'm as Pretty as my Sister!



Move Over Girl, I'm Pretty Too!



Look at Me, I have a Harly Davidson Collar, Dude!



Emily Likes Me Best!!



I've got the Looks and Muscle to Go with the Brains!

I started this one on Tues, but it's now Saturday, Aug 15th. This is going to be a long "letter" as a lot of activity has gone on since Sunday's visit. Our first pup "out of the nest" was a beautiful girl. She happily went with our buddy, Greg, and his bitch, Maude. They headed out for Rhode Island, with New Jersey as the second stop. She did "cry" at first, but Greg reported that she has won over all she meets and is doing beautifully! Next, the 9 other pups had their first vet visit- 3 on Tues, Aug 11th. and 6 on Thurs the 13th. The Tues group all did well on the drive down, even when we passed a roll-over on the interstate--the car was on fire (fully) and the police, ambulance and fire trucks- sirens on blast-were just arriving. That group took all the noise in stride, with only an occasional whine. At the vets, they seemed to be checking out the place, but no crying, no shaking, and some very big slurps for our vet, Dr. Furness. The weights were even (all in the 11.5-13 lb range), all heart sounds normal, all got that first "shot" without even seeming to notice a sting in the rear. Talk about proud parents!!! On the way home, they all urped up lunch, one even went so far as to do it in projectile form (clean up is so much more fun when you have to "find" it). It didn't seem to bother them as within one hour they were yelling for supper! Tues night, Alice took Kayla "home" and we waited to see if either Kayla or the pups had a problem with that. Well the answer was a resounding NO! All seems to accept the split and no one cried or fussed (except Alice and Me).
Wednesday saw the second pup leave, but this one was going by air to western Canada. He was joined by "Mary Katherine" his Swedish cousin. They were both "under the seat" passengers and Monica and Sylvia reported that everything went smoothly. I drove them up to northern VT, and a very dear friend, John Assid, took them across the boarder to Montreal. Remember I said it takes a village, well John and his wife, Lorraine, are a solid part of my village!
Thursday was a little cloudy, with occasional showers, but the pups played, and went to the vets for check-ups and shots. This group only had one upset stomach, and again everyone loved them and they loved everyone! One of the couples from Maine came and took their lovely girl. I'm not good at saying "goodbye", so I do tend to stay away when the owners come....I tend to get teary-eyed and want to snatch the "baby" back....it's so hard to let go!!!!!!!!
Friday, the 3rd girl went to PA with her new daddy. He drove the day before and had a 10 hour trip back to his home. I sent him with food, milk, dishes, etc. and written instructions etc. along with his "Puppy Packet". But true to form, I couldn't watch the girl go, so my husband and I took our Granddaughters out on a cruise off the coast of NH (Portsmouth to Isle of Shoals).
Friday also saw another couple come, just to pick out their boy...they are leaving him here until mid September, as they will be traveling and needed to "board" him if he went home with them. He will be having fun here in NH with his sister and brother, who are staying also. Then he will head to Maine along the ocean near Bar Harbour.
Monday will see another Boy head off to MA. And probably another boy will leave the next day. By the end of the week there should be 3 left as one other boy flies to CA. with his new dad.
When I think back to the week they were born, it seems as if time has flown. I went over my first "to experience" list for them and realized that they have done all that and more. They are happy, tail-wagging, face-licking, chewing on you loving pups and just as beautiful as we hoped for!
I will keep up the blog for a few more weeks, and then probably post any news about the babies when the owners let me know...in the begining it might take me a bit, but I will post pictures etc when they are sent.
I've enjoyed "chatting" with all of you....as you are now counted in my village!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment