Thursday, January 21, 2010

Harley the Ham




Harley and His Ribbons




I just had to post this picture. Harley is so pleased with himself! So are we. He did a bang up job at the show, tail wagging, paying attention and sending a happy face out to all he could see. The first ribbon (left to right) is for graduation from Puppy Training, the 2 blue ribbons are for the Fist Place he got Saturday and Sunday, the purple and white are for Reserve Winner on those days and the last is for achieving his "Canine Good Citizen". I can tell you that that in itself is quite an achievement for a 6 month old Irish Water Spaniel!
Harley is in a Rally Obedience Class now and doing very well. He and Alice make a great "couple". His brother, Topper, on the other hand has decided to play the devil child. He is into everything! He recently "opened" a backpack that I carry with dog essentials in it for trips, chewed up two leads, pried open a jar of kibble and pulled everything out including my camera (I had wondered where I left it) and got the batteries out! Of course I panicked until I could find both batteries, which I finally did, but I will tell you I was ready for a trip to the emergency vet hospital for "battery extraction". Of course Topper spent the whole time happily racing around the cellar area helping me look. And as usual I was too relieved to do anything but hug him. He does have a sweet, happy nature, I just wish he had a little less Imp in him.
Will post pictures as I get them.
Talk to you soon.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment