Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!



Ranger eyes "his musical snowmen"






Rosa comes and Topper goes!







Ranger goes and Topper comes--ugh!!!






I can't believe that it's been almost a month since I last updated the blog! I've been burning the candle(s) at both ends--as soon as I run out of one candle, I light another.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! We certainly enjoyed ours. With family all around, our days were full. We received many cards from our "doggy" friends with their dogs happily sitting in front of a tree or on the steps, or in front of the fireplace...HOW DO THEY DO IT???? I tried and tried, but each time I'd get two to sit and look, the third would walk away! Then the other two would take a break...so I've posted my two attempts and will leave it like that. I also put out all my musical stuffed animals, much to the delight of my grandchildren and the enjoyment of the dogs. Ranger especially loved one of them, and would carry it to his crate. Strangely enough, they all survived!
Topper and I have been going to handling classes (for the breed show ring). It's a lot of work, but I really enjoy it. Our instructor spends a lot of time with each of us and is helping to correct many "bad habits" and prevent new ones at the same time. Topper seems to enjoy himself and I must say that "running around a ring" a few times does give me exercise, I'm usually "dripping" by the end of class. Topper and I just started our repeat class of Puppy 101.(I'm just not willing to go to the next level, as I want Topper to have a firm foundation when we go on and our other classes were interrupted by my mother's failing health) I'm sure I've said it before, but Pride does go before a Fall! Our instructor asked who thought their dog would answer to their name...of course I raised my hand as Topper really does know his name...well she walked around with a treat in her hand and stopped at each dog. When the dog realized she had a treat, she had us call their name. The object of the exercise was to have the dog react to their name. Topper never even blinked--not one hair! His nose stayed glued to her hand and he tried his best to follow her!!! Since then he has gotten the message that I have treats too, and will give him some if he pays attention. He really is smart and that's why I am repeating this class!
I will close for now, but will post some of the pictures I have gotten over the last few months. We have heard from some of the owners, and they have sent in their registrations to AKC, I just don't have all the formal names yet..I'll post them as soon as I get the list finished.
We are enjoying a pretty snow fall, which is going to last at least another day, so I'm off to heat up some apple cider and listen to some music.
Best to all and again Happy New Year!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment