Monday, September 7, 2009

She's a Mainiac!





Dawn's now a Mainiac!









Tessa and Thomas and their Mom enjoy the Train.








The Merry-Go-Round was fun too!








It looks like a dog, Thomas, but it's really a goat!





Our Dawn went to her new home in Maine this Saturday. Her new owners, Nelson, Laura and Justin met me at a Dog Show in North Conway, NH. Rosa, Dawn's Aunt, was entered in Novice A Rally (that's another story!) and Harvey and Topper were going to "Lake Club Med" with Alice who was also showing there. Dawn had a bath and smelled wonderful. She had on her new collar, and she had her favorite toy and blanket with her, and then Harvey "lost his breakfast" during the ride to North Conway and Dawn was suddenly covered with "uck" and smelled worse!! I did try to wipe most of it off, but you know how that is...a small cloth, some water from a jug and a squirming pup...oh well, she still looked cute. It's always hard for me to say good bye, but being able to meet with such wonderful owners has helped. We hear that Gillis is settling in just fine, and our Canadian boy, Gideon, is really enjoying being at the "boutique". California boy hasn't had any blond streaks put in, but settling in was the first priority. Sophie is as smart as a whip and wowed everyone with her immediate response to "sit" when she went to the vet to be weighed and checked over. Sachmo, our biggest male, who went to Massachusetts, is the center of attention and loves his life. Our NJ/RI girl is the queen of the shop (her owner owns a grooming shop) and her life is full. Our PA. girl's family has been busy, but we hope to get some pictures of her soon. I will post the pictures as soon as I get them.
I hope you have had a wonderful long weekend. Labor Day is always bitter sweet, as the "end" of summer, but actually some of the best weather days are ahead of us! I went with my daughter and the twins to our local "state fair". It was a blast to be with the twins as they looked at all the pretty lights, rode the little train and merry-go-round, and petted the animals at the petting barn. Football has also started and I'm the "nurse" for our local team, the Redhawks. In the league you have to have a medical person on the field, so it's been fun cheering for my grandson and his friends....keeps one young!
As soon as I get pictures I'll post them. Oh yes, and I'll tell you about rally and going back to basics and class!
Talk to you soon.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment