Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weight Watchers is next!



Rosa and Kate with the crew.


Well, we've had our 10 day check-up yesterday (Monday 5/9/11). Both Rosa and Kate are healthy and happy. Rosa has lost 2 lbs and she had her stitches out. Incision line was clean, dry, intact and well healed..with no help from me! Kate was weighed also and low and behold, she topped the scales at 2 lbs 15 oz. That exactly 2 lbs more than she was 24 hours after birth. I'm going to go on line and sign her up for Weight Watchers-LOL! Actually, Dr. Fisher said that she is "big boned", healthy as could be and moving and "talking" as she should at 10 days. We brought in some Greek Cookies for the Doc and his staff as a thank you. They made me promise that I'd bring Kate in when she is 7-8 weeks old.
Rosa is doing better at letting Kate get some sleep. Rosa's coat is as shiny and thick as always..usually the mom's loose their coats, so I'm just waiting to see if having the one "child" will be less of a strain.












Princess Kate with William, Harry and Mr. Green.
Hopefully you can see Kate's growth in the pictures. I've tried to put her next to Prince William for the contrast. Rosa has added another "member" to her litter. I've just named it "Mr.Green" as it's a green ball that squeaks. Alice, Kayla, Maddy and Harley sent Kate a playmate, the small yellow teddy bear, who is now dubbed "Prince Harry". Rosa had just figured out that he squeaks too, and has moved him a few times already!
I'm still sleeping (and I use that term loosely) in the room with Rosa and Kate. Some how I think they are sleeping better than I am. I seem to be consuming more and more coffee, and not feeling the "kick" as much. Well this too shall pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment